Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Welcome to my blog.

     Welcome to "Rebirth of Innocence", my first serious attempt at sharing myself and the God who is reshaping me through the medium of blogging.  I hope that I will have things to say that will challenge, entertain and help at least some of the readers who stumble across this blog.  I begin this project unsure of what to fear most, the rejection of having no followers or the responsibility of fulfilling the expectations of a loyal following.  I have missed too much already in life because of fear, so I will just jump on in and see what happens.

     With an overwhelming number of blogs to choose from, you as a potential reader, are no doubt wondering what this particular blog will offer you.  To begin with, I do not know the answer to that question with certainty, and the content will almost certainly evolve over time.  For now, I plan to spend most of my blog time talking about my process of finishing my novel, which I tentatively call Rebirth of Innocence, hence the title of this blog.  I have been working on this novel for more years than I am yet ready to admit, but it seems to be nearing an actual completion.  Along the way, I will share my thoughts, opinions and feelings on just about anything that touches my heart, including politics, movies, television, books and the process of selling a house I really do not want to part with by owner.  I hope to offer you a separate post about the novel to this point in the next day or so.

     Since you have to decided whether or not to return to and/or recommend this blog, I should let you know something about me. I am a Christian, though some may wish to debate that in this space, especially if I start talking politics.  If so, I welcome the discussion.  I am also a recovering sex and love addict and a grateful Alanon.  Age-wise, I suppose you could say I come from roughly the middle of the boomer generation. I am contentedly married, and my wife, Jean, and I are at least temporarily raising our grandson Zechariah.  Zechariah resides somewhere in the Asperger's neighborhood of the autism spectrum.  All of these things inform my writing and color how I experience life.

     What, you may ask, do I want to gain from this blog?  To be honest, I hope that some of you will want to read my novel when I finish it.  I also want to share the benefit of my experience and insights, gained mostly from living through the consequences of a legion of bad decision I have made.  Finally, I hope to learn from you.  I welcome your feedback, so jump in whenever you believe I have it all wrong.  From time to time, I may even have specific questions for you.  Simply put, I invite you to become part of the process of putting this book, as well as my life, together.
 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. Welcome to the blog-world. My blog keeps evolving, as does my life. Sometimes I find myself with lots of blog time, but at other times, life gets in the way. That's life! I look forward to following your blog.

    ReplyDelete